Chickpea, kidney bean and spinach curry
A quick, easy and delicious curry using Shemins Pastes and other ingredients from mmm... (as well as spinach from our favourite greengrocer in the Grainger Market)
Write a review
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp of cooking oil
- 1 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 100g of Shemins curry paste (we used the mild)
- 1 400g can of chickpeas
- 1 400g can of kidney beans
- 200g of fresh spinach
- Juice of half a lemon.
- Fry the chopped onion until golden brown then add the tomatoes and curry paste.
- Simmer for 7-8 minutes (adding a little water if needed) then add the chickpeas, tomatoes and spinach.
- Cook for a few minutes then season to taste and add the juice of half a lemon.
- Serve with rice, naan or whatever you fancy.
- We had a jar of Mr Vikkis mango chutney to hand - well, you have to have a bit of mango chutney with a curry after all!
mmm... and glug... http://mmm-glug.co.uk/
Recipe courtesy of Shemins Pastes, which are available at mmm…
More Shemins’ recipes are available here.