Hepple are rooted in the Northumbrian Moors, one of the most botanically vibrant environments in England, where they pick their green juniper and other wild aromatic plants that money cannot buy.
Hepple uses three techniques to capture the full range of flavour from their botanicals bringing them as alive in the bottle as they were in the hills!
They are a copper pot still. a Co2 extraction system and a rotary evaporator.
But enough of that, what does it taste like …
Hepple Gin tasting notes
On the nose…
There is an immediate fresh scent of green apple, bright grapefruit and spicy juniper.
This then opens up to reveal underlying notes of Douglas Fir, and fragrant blackcurrant.
On sipping …
The initial fresh citrus flavours evolve into unexpected ripe cantaloupe melon, the spicy fragrant juniper continues to coat the palate.
There is a luscious sweet mouthfeel, which is both juicy and quenching.
The finish …
Extremely long and this is where the juniper reveals itself further with flavours alternating between sandalwood and cedar with a notable savoury presence that complements the sweet blackcurrant and liquorice.
The sweet juiciness is maintained throughout the finish.
Want to know more?
- Hepple Gin tasting: This Saturday (12 August) from 1pm at mmm… and glug…, 10-13 Grainger Arcade, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5QF
- Call us on: 0191 222 1818
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: mmm_newcastle
- Facebook: mmmnewcastle
- Instagram: mmmnewcastle
Other events at mmm… and glug… (all from 1pm)
- Saturday, 26 August: Ananda’s Gourmet meet the producer – come and taste authentic Indian curries made with Ananda’s spice kits
- Saturday, 2 September: Rigg and Furrow meet the brewer – come and taste ales from a Northumberland farmhouse brewery
- Saturday, 30 September: Lisbon Wines – come and taste our new Portuguese wines.