May is the month of flowers (and indeed flours) and time to look forward to the coming of summer!
To help bring on the sunshine we share some great recipes and invite you to join us in store for some tasty events.
Supplier of the month: Hepple Gin
We invite you to come and meet Northumberland-based distillers Hepple Gin at mmm… this Saturday (14 May) from 1pm.
Hepple have just won Gold at the drink’s ‘Oscars’ – the 2016 World Spirits Competition in San Francisco.
Hepple go beyond traditional distillation with an innovative three-stage process to reveal botanicals at their most vital.
Freshly picked asparagus is traditionally matched with hollandaise sauce.
But, for a little twist on the traditional try our Bagna Cauda with British Asparagus.
Create a delicious sauce to pep up your barbecues with a bit of a spicy kick.
You can also pour over ribs, sausages or chicken wings just before they’re finished cooking for a nice spicy glaze!
Coming up in May….
- Hepple Gin meet the distiller: this Saturday (14 May)
- Rose’ wines in-store tasting: Saturday, 21 May
- Bim’s Kitchen meet the supplier: Saturday, 4 June.
And finally, Real Bread Week runs from 14 to 21 May and whether you are a seasoned bread baker or a first timer we have a wide range of great flours.
Want to know more?
- Call us on: 0191 222 1818
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: Join over 20,000 followers at mmm_newcastle
- Facebook: facebook.com/simone.clarkin
- Instagram: mmmnewcastle