mmm… and glug… is hosting a free tasting of ‘Parlour Made’ cheeses on Saturday, 12 May (from 1pm to 4pm) so customers can taste their award-winning Durham cheeses.
Based in the beautiful village of Mordon in County Durham, Parlour Made Artisan Cheese is made on the farm using traditional methods.
Owners, Neil and Carol only use fresh milk, produced on the farm by their own cows, including Hattie (pictured right) to lovingly create each handmade cheese using traditional recipes.
Over time, they have carefully developed a range of artisan cheeses of exceptional quality and taste, including four we will be tasting tomorrow:
- Mordon Blue – mild and creamy blue cheese
- Durham Camembert – soft surface-ripened cheese
- Mordon Isle – semi-soft continental-style cheese
- Farmhouse white – mild with a slightly crumbly texture.
Want to know more about Parlour Made cheeses?
- Free tasting: This Saturday (12 May) from 1pm to 4pm at mmm… glug…, 129 Grainger Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5AE.
- Call us on: 0191 222 1818
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: mmm_newcastle
- Facebook: mmmnewcastle
- Instagram: mmmnewcastle
More tasting events at mmm… and glug… (all from 1pm)
- ALSO TOMORROW (Saturday, 12 May) – Durham Gin: Taste locally-made Durham gin, vodka and liqueurs
- Saturday, 19 May – Consett Ale Works: Taste Consett’s classic ales, as well as their newly launched beers
- Friday, 25 May – Lisbon Wines: Taste our small producer Portuguese wines with Victor
- Saturday, 26 May – Hogarth Honey: Taste Spring 2018 honey and meet 20,000 bees who helped to make it
- Saturday, 26 May – Brinkburn Street Brewery: Taste beers from one of the closest breweries to our shop
- Saturday, 9 June – Twice Brewed: Taste Bardon Mill-brewed beers, including their ‘Ale Caesar’ amber
- Saturday, 16 June – Firebrick Brewery: Taste Blaydon-brewed beers, including ‘Elder Statesman’ bitter for the perfect Father’s Day gift
- Saturday, 16 June – Fat Lass Jams: Taste Bridget’s locally made jams and preserves, including her ‘Newkie Brown’ chutney.