mmm… and glug… is hosting a free tasting on Saturday, 5 May with Treboom Brewery, so customers can taste the brewery’s award-winning beers.
Treboom was established in Shipton-by-Beningbrough near York early in 2012 by John Lewis and Jane Blackman.
John worked as a research scientist but hung up his lab coat to pursue his dream of producing great beers, while Jane, a practising ceramicist brings a creative side to beer making.
John and Jane wanted a name that showed they were going to make a big splash – a grand entrance – and what better way than by a drum roll? TrrrBOOM!
They, like everyone at mmm… and glug… want to bang the drum for great beer.
What we sell at mmm… and glug…
Yorkshire Sparkle – 4% ABV
John and Jane have their son to thank for the name Yorkshire Sparkle.
It perfectly describes this Really Pale Ale, clear and bright with refreshing grapefruit flavours and hints of tropical fruits.
It surely is a moreish pint.
Kettle Drum – 4.3% ABV
That huge drum at the back of the orchestra, the kettle drum, is the inspiration for our best bitter.
With great presence and robust flavours, it really bangs the drum for beer.
Copper coloured with a distinct fruity flavour from Cascade hops.
Baron Saturday – 5.2% ABV (Bottle conditioned)
Dark and mysterious, Baron Saturday captured Treboom’s imagination.
This voodoo spirit likes his followers to leave small gifts of cigars or peanuts.
John and Jane think this strong dark porter would be his perfect pint. Brewed with five different malts it has hints of coffee, chocolate and liquorice.
Myricale – 5% ABV
Bringing an old recipe bang up to date this brew uses Bog Myrtle (Myrica gale), an ingredient used in beer in medieval times before hops became popular.
Treboom made it into a delicious wheat beer allowing the gingery herb-like qualities of this remarkable plant to sing through.
They also brew this beer to support the work of the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust and 5p per bottle is donated to them.
Hop Britannia – 5% ABV
A fanfare for the power and might of British hops.
This strong pale ale is brewed entirely with hops grown in the British Isles.
Bramling Cross, Pioneer and Northdown varieties are combined to give a full-bodied, tasty, hoppy beer.
NEW: Trommel lager – 4.2% ABV
Treboom’s cask-conditioned version of a lager.
By using lager malt, German Hallertau and Tettnang hops and brewing at a lower temperature than their traditional ales Treboom has made a fresh crisp satisfying lager.
We will have newly-canned Trommel lager at mmm… and glug… on Saturday, 5 May.
Want to know more about Treboom Brewery?
- Free tasting: Saturday, 5 May from 1pm at mmm… and glug…, 129 Grainger Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5AE.
- Call us on: 0191 222 1818
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: mmm_newcastle
- Facebook: mmmnewcastle
- Instagram: mmmnewcastle
More tasting events at mmm… and glug… (all from 1pm unless otherwise stated)
- Saturday, 5 May – Opal Sunshine: Taste Opal’s zingy, fresh Belizean-inspired pepper sauces
- Friday, 11 May – 40 Kola: Taste the new north east made ‘proper’ Kola (11.30am to 3pm)
- Friday, 11 May – Masons Gin: Taste Yorkshire-distilled tea and lavender gins (4pm to 7pm)
- Saturday, 12 May – Parlour Made: Taste award-winning local cheeses, including Durham Camembert
- Saturday, 12 May – Durham Gin: Taste locally-made Durham gin, vodka and liqueurs
- Saturday, 19 May – Consett Ale Works: Taste Consett’s classic ales, as well as their newly launched beers
- Friday, 25 May – Lisbon Wines: Taste our small producer Portuguese wines with Victor.