Food and drink lovers can taste local craft ales and meet over 10,000 honey bees when mmm… and glug… hosts a ‘Beers and bees’ event on Saturday, 2 September from 1pm onwards.
Giving a new lease of life to an old milking parlour Ring & Furrow create new takes on Farmhouse beers – beers originally brewed for thirsty farm workers during the summer months.
Brewing by hand, this family run brewery celebrates the best of home-grown Northumbrian and British produce, whilst creating exciting and innovative beers.
Head brewer, Theo will be tasting some of his favourite brews, including:
- Run Hop Run – 4.2% Simcoe Session IPA
- The Pale Ale – 3.8% English Pale
- Owl Porter – 4% Porter
- Trickster – 4.3% Hoppy Amber Ale
- Sham Pain – 3.5% Elderflower Farmhouse Ale
- Rhuble Rhubarb – 3.6% Farmhouse Ale.
The Hogarth Honey bees, which proved a huge hit at the store earlier this summer, are returning with the first of their precious Yorkshire Moors heather honey.
Youngsters (and those not so young) have the chance to taste the honey and find out more about protecting the much-needed insects.
Michael McCartney of Hogarth Honey, based in Wolviston Grange, said: “I would love to talk to as many potential beekeepers and amateur gardeners as possible when we visit mmm… and glug… so we can spread the word about protecting our local bees.”
Rigg & Furrow and the Hogarth Honey bees will be at mmm… and glug… 10-13 Grainger Arcade, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5QF from 1pm on Saturday, 2 September.
Grainger Arcade-based Pet Lamb Patisserie will also be providing hand-made Hogarth Honey bee flapjacks to taste at the event.
Want to know more about beers and bees?
- Call us on: 0191 222 1818
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: mmm_newcastle
- Facebook: mmmnewcastle
- Instagram: mmmnewcastle
Other events at at mmm… and glug… (all from 1pm)
- Saturday, 16 September: Oktoberfest 2017 – come and taste our Oktoberfest specials
- Saturday, 23 September: The Lakes Distillery tasting – come and taste Lakes Gin, Lakes Vodka and ‘The ONE’ whisky
- Saturday, 30 September: Lisbon Wines – come and taste our new Portuguese wines and craft beers.
Coming soon …
- We are hoping to be in our new shop at 129 Grainger Street (opposite the old Barclays Bank) mid to end of October. Watch out for news and opening events.
- Click and collect at mmm… and glug… To find out more sign up for news below.