Sales Associate (part-time) – £9.00 per hour.
We have an opening for a Sales Associate who offers a warm welcome to our customers, and engages proactively with people in order to provide an informed, friendly service.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing exceptional service to our customers
- Ensuring that every customer leaves the shop feeling happy and positive
- Meeting and beating sales targets
- Keeping the store well stocked, clean and well merchandised
- Receiving orders, putting away stock, filling and fronting shelves.
- Have a passion for food and drink
- Have basic cooking knowledge that you can share with our customers
- Possess natural customer service skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Thrive on meeting and engaging people
- Possess a natural aptitude for sales and the drive to beat sales goals
- Be open to new training
- Be detail orientated
- Have good timekeeping.
- Good communication skills
- Heavy lifting and carrying loads of roughly up to 20kg
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Basic digital skills.
Working hour requirements
You will be required to work a minimum of 12 hours a week (varying shift patterns)
This position requires your availability to work weekdays, weekends, bank holidays, mornings, afternoons and evenings.
Given the nature of retail, this position also requires that annual leave is not taken between 1 November and 24 December.
The benefits of working with us
We are a small, friendly team and our culture offers the chance for learning and personal development.
You will benefit from:
- Training opportunities
- The real Living Wage Foundation wage (currently £9.00 per hour)
- Paid breaks
- Paid annual leave
- Paid sick leave
- In-store discount
- Sales incentive programme
- Friendly, energising, fun and results-driven work culture
- Opportunities to share and develop your passion for food and drink.
Who are we?
mmm… and glug… – great tasting food every day since 2008
At mmm… and glug… we love good food.
And, we are on a lifelong mission to share this love by retailing great tasting food and drink in a way that enriches the local community and is kinder to the planet.
We are dedicated to promoting great tasting, sustainably sourced and responsibly produced food.
We partner directly with makers, bakers, brewers, growers, and specialist importers who champion the use of real ingredients and have a passion for what they do.
This means our customers can trust that everything we sell will taste delicious.
We believe that food is about family, community and sharing and we want our customers to feel welcome as a guest in our home.
We make it a priority to hire friendly, talented, bright people and invest in their development so our customers can trust they are talking with someone who cares and who knows their stuff.
As a locally owned and managed business, we believe that we have a responsibility to help create a thriving local community.
We have been named in a number of national cook books as a go-to place for great ingredients (including Thomasina Miers ‘Chilli Notes’, ‘Wahaca’ and Maunika Gowardhan ‘Indian Kitchen’).
Last year, we were one of only ten shops across UK to be shortlisted as a finalist in the Guild of Fine Foods Shop of the Year Awards.
In the same year we were also named as the best place to buy craft beer in Northeast and Cumbria in the prestigious RateBeer.com awards
How to apply
Please complete your Job Application Form (see link below to Word and pdf versions), and email it together with your covering letter to email@example.com by midnight on Friday, 18 October, 2019.
Want to know more about mmm… and glug…?
Sign up for news about our food, drink and tasting events …