mmm… and glug… is hosting a free tasting event with the new look – but same great tasting – Consett Ale Works beers this Saturday (19 May) from 1pm onwards.
Leaning heavily on the town’s iron works heritage, Consett Ale Works has developed distinctive brands, such as Red Dust and Steel Town Bitter.
Their beers hark back to the days when prosperity could not be separated from the steel which built Blackpool tower and the nation’s nuclear submarines.
The recipes for the brews were created by Consett’s master brewer
Rufus, with the former ironworks in mind.
They wanted to have ales that would be flavoursome enough to have quenched the thirst of the ironworker’s as they left work after a hot and gruelling day in front of the furnaces.
Consett’s beers are for them and for you.
What we are tasting this Saturday
- Red Dust – ruby red in colour and beautifully clear with a robust, full-flavoured malt and fruit nature.
- White Hot – the perfect summer beer; highly hopped and sparkling with wheat-like cereal characteristics.
- Consett Pale Ale – a quintessential English pale ale
- Men of Steel – full flavoured golden hoppy ale
- The Works – a dark robust ale
- Consett Stout – a rich creamy stout.
Want to know more about Consett Ale Works?
- Free tasting: This Saturday (19 May from 1pm to 4pm at mmm… glug…, 129 Grainger Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5AE.
- Call us on: 0191 222 1818
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: mmm_newcastle
- Facebook: mmmnewcastle
- Instagram: mmmnewcastle
More tasting events at mmm… and glug… (all from 1pm)
- Saturday, 26 May – Hogarth Honey: Taste Spring 2018 honey and meet 20,000 bees who made it
- Saturday, 26 May – Brinkburn Street Brewery: Taste beers from one of the closest breweries to our shop
- Saturday, 9 June – Twice Brewed: Taste Bardon Mill-brewed beers, including their ‘Ale Caesar’ amber
- Saturday, 16 June – Firebrick Brewery: Taste Blaydon-brewed beers, including ‘Elder Statesman’ bitter for the perfect Father’s Day gift
- Saturday, 16 June – Fat Lass Jams: Taste Bridget’s locally made jams and preserves, including her ‘Newkie Brown’ chutney.