A Newcastle shop is hoping to help Father’s Day shoppers who don’t know their bitters from their IPAs to find the perfect pint.
mmm… and glug… has enlisted the help of Blaydon-based Firebrick Brewery to host a beer tasting for non-beer lovers on Saturday, 17 June.
The free event, being held in the Grainger Arcade from 12 noon onwards, will hopefully make it easy for local mums, sons and daughters (aged 18 and over) to pick the perfect local beers.
Firebrick will be tasting some of their most popular beers, including ‘Wey-Aye PA’ pale ale and ‘Toon Broon’ brown ale.
mmm… and glug… owner Simone Clarkin is hoping to not only help out non-beer lovers find the right Father’s Day gift, but also to see new converts to local beers.
She said: “We regularly hold meet the brewer events, but this one will be slightly different as we are aiming it at family members who might not really know what they should buy.
“We will be helping out lots of local shoppers to pick the right beers – and hopefully try a few out themselves.
“Craft beers are becoming more and more popular and great local breweries like Firebrick are helping to spread the word of just how good north east beers can be.”
The free Father’s Day tasting (for over 18s only) is being held at mmm… and glug… 10-13 Grainger Arcade, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5QF from 12 noon on Saturday, 17 June.
About Firebrick Brewery
Firebrick is the epitome of a good craft brewery and currently produces twelve beer brands.
Want to know more before Father’s Day?
- Call us on: 0191 222 1818
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: mmm_newcastle
- Facebook: mmmnewcastle
- Instagram: mmmnewcastle
Other events at mmm… and glug… (all from 1pm)
- Saturday, 27 May: Lilliard Gin tasting – meet Kate the distiller and taste her award-winning Jedburgh small batch craft gin
- Saturday, 3 June: Flashhouse Brewing meet the brewer – come and taste Jack O’Keefe’s latest North Shields-brewed ales, including his new chocolate coffee stout
- Patagonian wine tasting (date tbc)
- Summer fruit beer tasting (date tbc)
- Ooft! meet the maker – come and taste hot Scotch Bonnet pepper and smoky chipotle sauces (date tbc)
- Meet the Hogarth honey bees – come and meet 10,000 of our honey making bees and taste this year’s summer honey (date tbc)
- Click and collect at mmm… and glug… To find out more sign up for news below.