We are delighted that mmm… and glug… is the first stockist of Lilliard Gin small batch gin in England.
To celebrate this, we are hosting a free meet the distiller event with Kate, Head Distiller at LIlliard on Saturday, 27 May from 1pm onwards.
About Lilliard Gin
Lilliard small batch gin is handcrafted in their tiny copper still, using ingredients found and foraged in the Scottish Borders.
Light and with a complex floral palette, it reflects Lilliard’s landscape and the abundant natural resources of the Southern Scottish Valleys.
Lilliard Gin is a light, elegant gin with a complex floral palette. Its botanicals reflect the four seasons of the beautiful Borders landscape.
The distillery sits in the Teviot valley and uses local spring water in its distilling process.
Borders history, and a Borders legend
Lilliard was the heroine of the Battle of Ancrum Moor, fought between the Scots and English in 1545, just North of where Lilliard Gin was conceived.
She fought to the death to avenge the murder of her lover at the hands of the English, and the landscape that inspired the gin bears her name, so it was only fitting that the gin should too.
Want to know more about Lilliard Gin?
- Meet Kate the distiller: This Saturday (27 May) from 1pm at mmm… and glug…, 10-13 Grainger Arcade, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5QF
- Call us on: 0191 222 1818
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: mmm_newcastle
- Facebook: mmmnewcastle
- Instagram: mmmnewcastle
Other events at mmm… and glug… (all from 1pm)
- Saturday, 3 June: Flashhouse Brewing meet the brewer – come and taste Jack O’Keefe’s latest North Shields-brewed ales, including his new chocolate coffee stout
- Saturday, 16 June: Firebrick Brewery meet the brewer – looking for a Father’s Day gift? Our Blaydon-based brewery will help you find the perfect bottles for him to enjoy.
- Patagonian wine tasting (date tbc)
- Summer fruit beer tasting (date tbc)
- Ooft! meet the maker – come and taste hot Scotch Bonnet pepper and smoky chipotle sauces (date tbc)
- Meet the Hogarth honey bees – come and meet 10,000 of our honey making bees and taste this year’s summer honey (date tbc)
- Click and collect at mmm… and glug… To find out more sign up for news below.