Based in Hartlepool, Reece Hugill (aka Donzoko Brewing) has a love of brewing beers in a German style.
Germany has produced amazing beer for centuries. Rich beer heritage is embedded in the culture.
Donzoko takes this beer tradition and combines techniques from modern UK and American craft brewing to create refreshing, unfiltered beers, packed with flavour.
Reece’s kegged beers have been going down well in north east hostelries, including The Free Trade Inn.
And now we are pleased to launch his new bottled beer – a limited run 8.5% ABV ‘Rock Bottom’ Doppelbock’ at mmm… and glug… this Saturday.
Rock Bottom is a showcase of rich German malt and crisp lager yeast and is the first of Donzoko’s limited release Doppelbocks.
Along with a tasting of the beer, Newcastle-based Pink Lane Bakery will be at mmm… and glug… tasting freshly baked German beer bread (using the Donzoko brew) as well as their legendary pretzels.
Beer, bread and pretzels – does it get any better?
Want to know more about Donzoko Brewing?
- Free tasting: This Saturday (28 April) from 1pm at mmm… and glug…, 129 Grainger Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5AE.
- Call us on: 0191 222 1818
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: mmm_newcastle
- Facebook: mmmnewcastle
- Instagram: mmmnewcastle
More tasting events at mmm… and glug… (all from 1pm unless otherwise stated)
- Saturday, 5 May – Opal Sunshine: Taste Opal’s zingy, fresh Belizean-inspired pepper sauces
- Friday, 11 May – 40 Kola: Taste the new north east made ‘proper’ Kola (11.30am to 3pm)
- Friday, 11 May – Masons Gin: Taste Yorkshire-distilled tea and lavender gins (4pm to 7pm)
- Saturday, 12 May – Parlour Made: Taste award-winning local cheeses, including Durham Camembert
- Saturday, 12 May – Durham Gin: Taste locally-made Durham gin, vodka and liqueurs
- Saturday, 19 May – Consett Ale Works: Taste Consett’s classic ales, as well as their newly launched beers
- Friday, 25 May – Lisbon Wines: Taste our small producer Portuguese wines with Victor