mmm… and glug… is hosting a free Masons Gin tasting on Friday, 11 May (from 4pm to 7pm) so customers can taste their award-winning Yorkshire-distilled gins.
Masons wanted to create a taste that wasn’t just your run of the mill, off the shelf, generic gin.
Recipe after recipe was rejected in the search for a gin they felt deserved to be called Masons Yorkshire Gin.
Distilled in Masons’ copper alembic stills “Steve’ & “Leftie” in 200 litre batches, each 70cl bottle bears its own handwritten batch and bottle number.
With its traditional slow distillation method, pure Yorkshire water and just the right balance of juniper, citrus elements and secret botanical ratio they created a distinctly unique gin – the first gin distilled in Yorkshire.
What we will be tasting at mmm… and glug… this Friday
- Mason’s Yorkshire Tea Gin – 20cl and 70cl bottles
- Lavender Gin – 20cl and 70cl bottles
- The original Masons Dry Yorkshire Gin – 20cl and 70cl bottles
- Limited edition peppered pear gin – 70cl bottle.
Want to know more about Masons Gin?
- Free tasting: This Friday (11 May) from 4pm to 7pm at mmm… glug…, 129 Grainger Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5AE.
- Call us on: 0191 222 1818
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: mmm_newcastle
- Facebook: mmmnewcastle
- Instagram: mmmnewcastle
More tasting events at mmm… and glug… (all from 1pm)
- Saturday, 12 May – Parlour Made: Taste award-winning local cheeses, including Durham Camembert
- Saturday, 12 May – Durham Gin: Taste locally-made Durham gin, vodka and liqueurs
- Saturday, 19 May – Consett Ale Works: Taste Consett’s classic ales, as well as their newly launched beers
- Friday, 25 May – Lisbon Wines: Taste our small producer Portuguese wines with Victor
- Saturday, 26 May – Hogarth Honey: Taste Spring 2018 honey and meet 20,000 bees who helped to make it
- Saturday, 26 May – Brinkburn Street Brewery: Taste beers from one of the closest breweries to our shop
- Saturday, 9 June – Twice Brewed: Taste Bardon Mill-brewed beers, including their ‘Ale Caesar’ amber
- Saturday, 16 June – Firebrick Brewery: Taste Blaydon-brewed beers, including ‘Elder Statesman’ bitter for the perfect Father’s Day gift
- Saturday, 16 June – Fat Lass Jams: Taste Bridget’s locally made jams and preserves, including her ‘Newkie Brown’ chutney.