We are currently recruiting for a part-time Sales Associate to work an average of 25 hours per week (flexible shifts).
- Serving customers well
- Accepting and dealing with deliveries (heavy lifting involved)
- Team working
- Merchandising stock
- Helping to maintain a neat, tidy, clean and welcoming shop
- Other tasks as required.
- An average of 25 hours per week
- Shifts from four to eight hours
- Hours of work between 9am and 8.30pm
- Salary: £7.83 per hour (paid monthly).
- Active interest in food and/or drink
- Ability to engage easily with new people
- Ability to lift heavy items (e.g. beer crates or cases of flour)
- Must be available to work weekends, bank holidays and up to and including 24 December.
- Store discount
- Paid holiday leave
- Paid sick leave
- Paid breaks
- Opportunity to develop skills
- Opportunity to become involved in special projects.
mmm… and glug… is Newcastle’s leading independent grocery store, established in 2008.
We love to engage, inform and entertain people with a warm welcome and great advice.
We keep our supply chains short and hold regular ‘Meet the supplier’ events.
At these events, customers can meet our great independent bakers, makers, brewers, millers, growers, winemakers, coffee roasters, cheesemakers and distillers.
In 2019, we have exciting developments as we will be opening our basement demo kitchen and tasting bar, as well as launching an online store.
How to apply:
Please email your CV, together with a covering letter giving three reasons why you believe you are the ideal candidate for the role to email@example.com
Please consider the job description carefully when writing your covering letter, as this is a key element of the application.
Please quote reference: PT081018 (we can’t accept any applications that do not quote this reference)
Closing date for applications: midnight on Sunday, 28 October 2018.